Wine Stores.
Contact us
Favorites
Cart0

Wine Clos Puy Arnaud, Castillon-Cotes de Bordeaux AOC, 2006

SKU:w75700
Order by phone
+7 (495) 988-45-58 Call us
Our wine consultant (sommelier) will help you choose the wine to the table or as a gift. And will respond to all your questions on the wines.
Call Me Back

Tasting Notes

Color

The wine is dark ruby ​​color.

Taste

Expressive and rounded taste of wine charms special depth and complexity of flavor, which felt notes of black fruit and light spicy shades. The finish is long and elegant.

Aroma

The aroma of wine - juicy and intense, revealed stable palette of shades of black currant, cherry and ripe fruit.

Gastronomy

Wine is the perfect accompaniment to meatloaf, stew or stew with vegetables. Apply it to the meat appetizers or aged cheeses, in order to appreciate the magnificent taste of the drink.

Interesting Facts

Clos Puy Arnaud - expressive wine from the harvest from vineyards in the Côte de Castillon Bordeaux. Terroir with ancient traditions of winemaking has received a new interpretation of wines Thierry Valette, who started practicing biodynamic methods of growing grapes, thereby trying to open hitherto hidden potential of Bordeaux wines. 80% of the vineyards farm is located on a plateau of limestone, and the remaining 20% ​​are located on the slopes below, lying at an altitude of 75-100 meters above sea level. Handpicked grapes varieties Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon is pre-maceration at low temperature in oak vats and cement. Fermentation is carried out in the natural pellet at a controlled temperature (25 °). Then the wine is maintained for about a year in barrels, while 25% of them are new and the rest has been used once or twice. Wine storage capacity - 10-15 years.
Vintage 2007 was described by Robert Parker as follows: "A powerful, well-structured wine with flavors of black currant, black cherry and cedar accents. It has a long finish rich."

Producer's description

Clos Puy Arnaud - an estate that was acquired hereditary winemaker Thierry Valette in the late 90-ies of XX century. Valette family name is closely associated with wine for more than a decade, because even my grandfather Thierry - Alexander - at one time was the owner of the famous Chateau Pavie. Thierry originally did not plan to realize their career in the family business, preferring art. He was fond of jazz and contemporary dance, traveled a lot. But at a certain period of his life, Thierry decided to "take root" and get back to basics, considered in winemaking true purpose of his life. The basics of creating wines Valette received from the famous French oenologist, in particular - Stephane Derenoncourt and Anna Calderon.

From his grandfather Thierry, in his own words, has inherited the ability to recognize the potential in a particular area, and confirmed that the acquisition of Clos Puy Arnaud. By the time of purchase, this part of the region Côtes de Bordeaux was unjustly forgotten, and the price of land unjustly underestimated. It is in this terroir Thierry anticipating the opportunity to realize their skills winemaking and thereby revive and celebrate once a popular wine region. In one of the archives managed to find an entry dated 1898, indicating that "Puy Arnaud is located on 15 hectares of rocky surface, drowning in the vines of noble grape varieties cultivated with great care. The estate produces some of the most popular wines of the county." At the beginning of the XXI century M. Valette biodynamic viticulture methods became interested, the principles of which successfully practiced to this day.

Features

  • Color depth: dark
  • Body/Saturation: average
  • Serving temperature: 16-18 °С
  • Website: http://clospuyarnaud.com/
  • Aging potential: 10-15 years
Recently viewed
In our store you can buy wine Clos Puy Arnaud, Castillon-Cotes de Bordeaux AOC, 2006, price Clos Puy Arnaud, Castillon-Cotes de Bordeaux AOC, 2006 — £ 18. Producer wine Clos Puy Arnaud. Delivery Clos Puy Arnaud, Castillon-Cotes de Bordeaux AOC, 2006.

In common with most websites, WineStyle uses "cookies". Click here to find out more.

Accept