Wine Torbreck, "The Struie", 2014
Wine dense, opaque dark crimson color with purple hues.
Full-bodied, perfectly structured, rich taste of the wine reveals notes of ripe spice, blackberry, dark plum. The wine has a perfectly integrated acidity, fine tannins and a long finish.
The first wave of the aroma of this wine reveals notes of black raspberry, blackberry, dark plum, licorice, cocoa and anise. They then smoothly into the earth tones, haze, olive tapenade and spices.
The wine is recommended to serve red meat on the grill, as well as venison and aged cheeses.
Red Wine "The Struie" - one hundred percent Shiraz, harvest for which is going from two vineyards with different microclimates and terroir. The first vineyard with 44-year-old vines located in Eden Valley at an altitude of 400-500 meters above sea level. Berries from this vineyard is 16% varietal composition for "The Struie". The remaining 84% going to the second area - with vines 80 years of age. It is located in the Barossa Valley at an altitude of 200-300 meters above sea level. "Jets" is aged in old and new French barrels for 18 months. Wine storage potential - at least 5-6 years.
"The Struie" has a feminine elegance and gives an idea of what should be a great wine Barossa "- Rupert Dean, export manager of the winery Torbreck.
The history of wine-making company "Torbrek" based David Powell, started in 1994. A few years before that, David began searching for land in the Barossa Valley and bought vineyards with old vines, which began to revivify. He revived the almost dead vines and gathered a small crop of excellent grapes. Powell initially produced wine for their own consumption, and only in 1997 started to produce wines under the brand name "Torbrek." The company is named after the Scottish forest where David Powell has worked long time woodcutter. Thanks to the experience of experts "Torbrek" and high quality wine grapes produced very quickly earned the recognition of professionals. Over time, the company continued to expand in 2002 was bought by a huge area of the historic Hillside farm, located in a very picturesque place, which has become another source of high-quality grapes. More recently, a new winery was built and a new administrative building.
David Powell has always believed in the value of traditional techniques of wine production and rich winemaking heritage of the Barossa Valley. Basically the company "Torbrek" produces red wines, for which use the most common to the Barossa Valley grape varieties such as Grenache, Shiraz and Mourvedre. But lately, there are also produced white wines made from Marsanne, Viognier and Rusal. The company "Torbreck" creates wonderful examples of wines that are valued by experts around the world.